When attending the surgery, we kindly ask that you wear your own face covering/mask at all times unless requested to remove it by your GP or nurse. The exceptions to this are children under the age of 11, those with disabilities, those with breathing difficulties or those who are travelling with someone who relies on lip reading. You are also advised to use your own toilet and wash your hands before coming to the surgery to reduce contact within the building. Thank you.
Do not attend the surgery or Dispensary if you or someone in your household has a cough or fever. Self-isolate. Full details on self-isolation are here: https://www.gov.uk/…/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-w…
Please do not attend the surgery without phoning and speaking to one of the team first to ensure that this is necessary. You may be putting at risk yourself, family and other vulnerable patients, who may be in the surgery.
Please use when we are closed https://111.nhs.uk/
𝗢𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗹𝘀? The full document which is easy to read includes details on vulnerable people, pets, children, as well as advice on breastfeeding and many other aspects. Read it from the beginning here: https://www.gov.uk/…/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-w…
Covid Vaccine Guide for Adults
The CCG also have a webpage that’s regularly updated with the latest vaccination information:
𝗜𝗺𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲
• If you need to leave a prescription slip please use the postbox on the outside wall of the surgery. You do not need to come into the building.
• If you are asked to attend the surgery, bring a maximum of one person with you. Ideally, come alone if possible.
• If you need employment advice, please speak to your employer or read the guidance. Do not call the surgery for employment advice.
The Surgery and the Dispensary remain open but are operating according to the advice from Public Health England.
If you are struggling during the winter lockdown Text 'SHOUT' to 85258 or go to https://giveusashout.org This is a free 24/7 mental health service.
Help the Fight Against Covid-19
Patient Recruitment Notice
Local Help Available During Coronavirus
If you are unable to leave the house to get medicine or other vital goods there are groups working in your community. These groups are also relevant to contact if you are one of our patients that use our Dispensary for medication. Please click onto the links below:
Charminster, Charlton Down, Forston
Dorchester Community Support Group
Local Support Groups:
Dorset Community Response group - 01305 221022
They have centralised access to all the volunteers locally who can help with food deliveries, meds deliveries and loneliness/isolation support.
- Dorchester Community Support Group Dorchester Area 07562 389 519
- Dorchester Family Church Dorchester Area 01305 265775
- Charlton Down, Forston and Charminster Coronavirus (Covid-19) Support Group Charminster Area 07947 622326
- Bradford Peverell Parish Council Bradford Peverell Area 01305 751735
- Puddletown Parish Covid-19 Support Group Dorchester Area 07881678126
- Cerne Abbas Coronavirus Support Cerne Abbas Area 0300 102 1031
- Sydling Support Network Sydling St Nicholas Area 01300 341593
- Buckland Newton Community Connections Buckland Newton Area 07733 849264
- Cheselbourne Coronavirus Support Group Cheselbourne Area 01258 837011
- Crossways Residents Coronavirus Volunteer Help Service Crossways Area 07920 017203
- Broadmayne Coronavirus Community Response Team Broadmayne Area 01305 854869
- Briantspuddle Affpuddle and Turnerspuddle Parish Council Covid19 Support Group Briantspuddle Area 07745 796 118
- Poundbury Community Coronavirus Help Group (Facebook page)
- Thorncombe Coronavirus Support (Facebook page)
- Carers Helpline - Coronavirus Covid-19 The Leonardo Trust; 01202 698 325
- Carers Helpline
- Shopping Services Age UK Dorchester; 0800 678 1602
- The Dorset Larder - Dorset Food and Drink Dorset Food and Drink - Covid-19 Response - Home Food Delivery Providers
The Volunteer Centre are contacting all pharmacies to offer a volunteer delivery service for those confined to their homes who would normally collect.
If you who would like to volunteer during this time you can sign up via the Dorset for You website or https://www.volunteeringdorset.org.uk/
* * * * *
Coronavirus Fit Note Coronavirus Fit Note
Holiday Insurance Cancellation Letters
We regret that in these exceptional circumstances the practice is currently unable to write any letters for patients who are making a holiday refund insurance claim.
This service is non contractual and as such we are under no obligation to offer this. We hope you will understand that the GPs need to focus upon the clinical needs of their patients at this difficult time.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) now advises British people against all non-essential travel worldwide.
As such, insurance claims can be requested on this basis. Full details can be read at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus