If your long-term medication has been approved on a repeat prescription basis you can place orders in a number of ways:
- In person - use the right hand side of your previous prescription and mark the items you require, or complete one of the slips in the waiting room. There is a letter-box at the entrance for these slips.
- By post - send it to us and address your letter to ‘Repeat Prescriptions’ at the practice address.
- By phone - for straightforward repeats please use our prescription line number 01305 217037. Please speak clearly.
- Online - follow the link at the top of this page to complete a simple registration.
- Via your Pharmacist - if you go to the same pharmacist all the time, he or she will be able to order your medication for you. All the local pharmacists will collect the completed prescriptions from the surgery and some offer a delivery service too.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account. Requests for drugs that are not recognised as repeat treatment (i.e. they are not on your repeat list) may take longer to process as they require additional checking. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
In exceptional circumstances if you find you have run short of your medicine, please speak to the reception staff and we will try to fast-track your request.
Running out of Medication?
Please do not go to A&E or Out of Hours if you run out of medication over a weekend or bank holiday. They will not be able to supply you with your medication. Please go to your usual pharmacy - they may give you sufficient supplies to see you through. However, there may be a charge for this.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information about electronic prescribing services.
We are a dispensing practice for our patients who live more than one mile away from a pharmacy. Patients who live in Dorchester will need to use one of the many local pharmacies. Our dispensary is open during our normal opening hours, but in the case of urgent treatment when the dispensary is closed, prescriptions can be dispensed by local pharmacies in the area. The out-of-hours service will provide medication for immediate use when necessary.
We will take returns of unused drugs as we have safe waste management.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Poundbury Doctors Surgery are now offering on-line repeat prescriptions. In order for you to use this please follow the following instructions:
- Bring one of the following forms of ID into the surgery - passport, driving licence, any other photo ID (eg bus pass).
- You will be given an Application for Online Access to My Medical Record to fill in.
- The Receptionist will then generate a letter for you which will show you your log-in details.
- At home - when you next go into Poundbury Doctors Surgery website, click onto the link below and follow the instructions:
Using your mobile or tablet device:
Download the SystmOnline app for free from your App store. (Available for IOS and Android phones). Login using your username and password provided.